Skip to main content

November Wrap Up

 Happy Wednesday! 


How did your November go? It's crazy we only have one month left of the year! We're officially in Christmas season and I'm ready for it! 

I also just want to say thanks for anyone who still checks up on this blog. I know I have been super inconsistent. Pretty much the only thing I've been posting is wrap ups this year, so thanks to anyone who reads them. I mostly make them for myself. I love having a digital archive of the things I did each month, but I hope others enjoy them too haha 

November Writing: 

This month has been a lot of jumping around. I got about 40k into my WIPNO story before it lost steam and died out. It felt like a chore to work on it and was draining, so I decided to take a break from it. I still want to write that story one day, I just don't think it was the right time. The idea needs some more time to sit and that's Ok. 

I ended up getting my last 10k in for WIPNO through rewriting and editing my pirate story IWWP. I'm really enjoying rewriting it and loving where the story is going. It definitely needed an overhaul and a change and the story is much stronger for it. The rewrite is inspired by that one scene between Zuko and Katara in The Waterbending Scroll in Avatar The Last Airbender with the pirates where he has her necklace. The main character and love interest also now have some Zutara vibes, which I'm loving haha 

I've also done some small edits on Immortal Circus here and there. My mom's been my alpha reader for it, which has really helped me to figure out where the story still needs some work. 

November Reading: 

I read three (almost four) books this month! The first, of course was Stellarlune by Shannon Messenger.


Oh my gosh, it was so good! It lived up to every expectation and then some! Shannon Messenger gave me everything I could have wanted out of that book. I'd love to scream about spoilers, but I still have friends who haven't read it yet, so I'm gonna keep it spoiler free on here. But it was just... really good and I can't wait for the next book. That cliffhanger was brutal!! 

The other two I read were two in the Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet. It's an NA series and the first book, A Promise of Fire, was really good! It was definitely a fun read and had a great enemies to lovers romance.


The second book was... alright. I ended up not continuing the series because book two just kind of died out for me. 

And now I am almost done with A Forbidden Fate by Kaven Hirning.


This is also an NA fantasy. I've followed Kaven on Tiktok for a while now and really enjoy her content on there, so I checked out her book and have ended up enjoying it a lot. It's also very much a romance than anything else, which I enjoy haha Just as a head's up, those last three books have some spicy parts to them. In case you found the books interesting, just thought I'd throw that out there. 

November Life Stuff: 

November kind of feels like it went by in a blur. A good blur, but still... a blur. I went to a Harry Potter party at a friend's place and that was really fun! We got to make our own wands and they had a giant tarantula on the roof of their house and a giant homemade basilisk in the basement. It was crazy cool how much they decked out their house! My dad works at a local place called Connor Prairie which is like an historical reenactment place, and so one Sunday evening he took us while the place was closed and we got a private tour of the place. It was cool to have it all to ourselves. I went to a few game nights with some friends, which was really fun and got to hang out with two of my besties! My long distance best friend Keturah came into town for Thanksgiving so I got to see her and another friend together. We spent almost the whole day together. It was so fun! 

I also went to see Wakanda Forever with my brother. It was so good! I loved the first Black Panther, so I wasn't surprised that I walked out of the theater loving this one too. Namor was a great bad guy. He's now up there with Killmonger for me. Whoever is writing the villains for the Black Panther movies is one of the best writers the MCU has right now. Actually, just whoever is a part of the writing team for those movies are some of the best writers the MCU has in general. Both movies did not miss. It had me in tears within the first two seconds and kept the emotional ride going the whole way through. 

To finish off the month... I bleached my hair. Not all of it, but I wanted some highlights like I used to have. I've wanted to do this all year, but just either haven't had time or the courage to change up my hair color. I love it though! I think its the change I needed. 

We went to my grandparents for Thanksgiving. That was a fun time and I'm very thankful that we have family to get to spend the holiday with. 

Scarlet Phoenix also came out this month!! I can't believe I have the first three books in the Archive Series out now! :o

Looking forward to December: 

There's so much happening in December! We've got things going on every weekend pretty much the entire month. I have a Christmas Costume party I'm hosting on Friday, we're going to a tree lighting/decorating celebration on Saturday and then a children's choir at church on Sunday. We plan to go to the zoo lights at our zoo, the Christmas light show they do at Connor Prairie, and go to the Children's Museum and the local Christmas Market, plus the other things going on at church. I know there's another Christmas party happening for my church group at some point in the month that I'm excited about. In other words, we're doing all the Christmas things. 

Also, Avatar The Way of Water comes out in December!! I love the first Avatar, so I'm very excited for this one! I don't care what anyone says or whether it's good or not, it's just fun to be excited about a movie. I enjoy MCU movies and stuff, but I don't get super excited about them much anymore. But this? I've been looking forward to it all year! 

I also graduate in December! Like officially done done forever!! I have two more weeks left not including this one and then I am done!! I can't wait! I've worked so hard to get to this point. It's really cool to get to finally be here. 

So, yeah, that's all that's going on in December as far as I know. I'm excited to jump into the Christmas season and do all the things and just soak it all up. I'm going to try and be more in the present and just enjoy where I am right now. I'd like to read Come Matter Here by Hannah Brencher again during this season to help with that mindset. 

Thanks for reading up until this point! Let me know in the comments what you're plans are for December and what some of your highlights of November were! 

Comments

  1. Hey!!! Slowly trying to get back into blogging more consistently myself. Good to see you still here!!
    Wow loving to see there are NA fantasies out there. Which one should I start with since I've never read ANY?
    I just finished reading the Harry Potter series for the first time. Now I'm a fan ;) The party sounds fun. And the bleached hair!

    I'm currently on a five-month road trip for some sewing and writing networking. I've been all over the states but am in New York for a couple weeks helping a friend with her newborn. Just finished an adorable little dress for her yesterday.


    thesocialporcupine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! That's exciting to be getting back into blogging! Oh yeah, I love this blog too much to let it go haha I'm not sure Blogger is really a huge space anymore, but I still enjoy it and don't want to go to all the hassle of having to move to a new site.
      I would check out Selina R. Gonzalez's books. They're all NA fantasy and very good! Or if you like romance, Elise Kova has some good books.
      Wow that's fun! What Hogwarts house are you? haha

      Wow! That's so exciting! I've seen some of your adventures on Facebook. It's so cool that you're traveling like that and that's so fun, helping your friend with her baby! :b

      Delete
    2. thanks for the recommendations!
      Not sure... probably Slytherin lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m