Skip to main content

June Monthly Wrap Up!

 Happy Wednesday! 

How did your June go? Did you do anything fun this past month? 

We are finishing out June by moving into our new house and my final class started on Monday too. Its felt a little hectic and busy, but it'll be so nice once we're all moved in. More on that later in the post. For now, here's a writing update! 

June Writing: I got quite a bit done this month. Since I knew July was going to be busy I wanted to knock out as much as I could. I finished editing and formatting Heart of Xion (it's all ready to be published)! I then buckled down and worked on the rest of the Archive Series. Scarlet Phoenix is now with an alpha reader and when I went to look over Black Rose and Indigo Star, I realized how much I loved those two books. Emerald Phantom and Scarlet Phoenix were rough ones to get through, but reading Black Rose and Indigo Star reminded me of why I love the Archive series so much and how important it is and the characters are to me. I only had to do some minor edits on those because I'm really happy with how they are and don't really want to change anything major in them. Along with that, I did some minor edits on the next Triadic Kingdoms novel IWWP. So now, all four of those books are pretty much set up to where I can go back to them and do minor, polishing type edits before being published. I feel like a giant weight has lifted off my shoulders knowing that I don't have to worry about those anymore. 

Because I knocked out all of those, I can now work on my two other new projects that I wrote at the beginning of the year. One is Immortal Circus, my road trip-y, fluff filled supernatural YA book and the other is a Greek mythology inspired NA that I'm thinking will eventually go on Kindle Vella. I think it would be a good fit for Vella. 

Anyway, I'd say June has been a pretty productive writing month. Who knew you could get so much done when you're not worrying about classwork? Haha 

June Reading: I kind of got into a reading slump this month. I've only read two full books this month, but that's alright because they were both really good! 

The first is an ARC of Greywolf's Heart by C.M. Banschbach. It isn't my usual genre and the beginning was a little slow for me, but about halfway through I got really into it.


The characters are so good. I loved the bromances (and the subplot romances). The world reminds me of Native American tribes meets How to Train Your Dragon, which is pretty cool. There are also giant wolves, giant lions and giant lynxes and I want one of them haha Overall, it was a really touching and action packed story. Definitely one to check out. 

The next one is House of Lies and Sorrow by Emily Blackwood.


Its one of those Fae forced marriages romances. Short and sweet and just an easy, fun read. I'm excited for the next one! 

I'm also in the middle of reading Book of Night by Holly Black and am really enjoying that!


Its going kind of slow just because I'm busy and stuff, but I am liking it a lot! 

June Life Stuff: Some life stuff definitely happened this month haha Lots of packing. My room feels too empty right now because everything is all packed away. I started my new job as a direct support professional working with my brother. Went to a few church group parties. 

We are now currently in the middle of moving this week, so I'd say that's some major life stuff. Very busy, but also very good. I've been waiting all month to be done and to just get into the new house. I'm ready to start organizing my new room and having it all set up and looking nice. 

My class also starts this week, so here's hoping that goes as well as it can haha

Then there's, of course, two shows that made my whole month. Obi-Wan Kenobi (literally so amazing! I loved every minute of it, especially some of the parallels between his fight with Vader and Ahsoka's fight with Vader. The details they put into this show are amazing!) and The Summer I Turned Pretty, also an absolutely amazing show! I loved it so much and am definitely going to have to rewatch it cus it was so cute and fun. 

Looking Forward to July: 

July is going to be a lot of unpacking and getting everything set up. The new house needs some small projects to be done, so July will be full of that. Painting the house and fixing some things. My brother and dad's birthday is also on July 3rd, so we're hoping we'll have the pool set up and ready to go so we can have a little pool party for that. 

Then there's, of course, the Fourth of July! Very excited about that! I'm not sure, but there may be a church group party for that too. If not, then I'll be watching fireworks and hanging out with family. 

Of course, I'll also have my class going on, but I'm also hoping to be able to get more writing and edits done on Immortal Circus and my Greek mythology WIP. 

Oh! And July 30th, we're going to a OneRepublic concert too!! So excited to see them in concert! 

Other than that, though, I guess we'll see what happens. 

Do you have any exciting plans for July? 

Comments

  1. I'm glad that June was such a productive month for you, especially with writing! I've been wanting to get started back up with writing lately, but it hasn't happened yet. We'll see.

    Congrats on the new job! Hope that goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope July has been a good month of writing for you. Getting back into it. :)

      Thank you! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m