Skip to main content

Golden Touch Release

 Happy Thursday everyone! 

Today is the release day for Golden Touch!! 


I wrote this book in December 2019. This book has a huge part of my heart and encapsulates the many things I was feeling before and during 2019 in so many ways. It feels really vulnerable to say this, but part of the reason - a big part of the reason - that this book holds a piece of my heart is because I wrote it with my best friend of nine years in mind. I see him in Amaya a lot. He was selfless and kind and compassionate and sweet. Amaya is a little bit of me, but she's mostly a whole lot of him. Her friendship and relationship with Darren was inspired by my friendship with him and some of the things I felt when I was with him. Let's just say... I channeled a whole lot feelings into Amaya, Darren and their friendship/relationship that I was experiencing during that time. Whenever I think of Amaya, I think of him and I don't think I'll ever be able to read that book and not think of him. 

It's bittersweet to say that, to admit those things because we aren't best friends anymore. It's a long story, but the friendship sort of imploded a year later. To the dot, literally in December 2020 things started to not work out and everything unraveled. I don't know what to make of that still. All I know is Golden Touch will always be like a time capsule for me. I'll get to read that book and go back to December 2019 and feel all the things I felt during that time. Remember the good parts instead of the bad. 

Amaya is selfless to a fault. She would rather run herself into the ground for everyone else than find time for herself. She fiercely loves her family and would do literally anything for them. 

While Amaya reminds me a lot of my friend... Darren is some of me. I always think of Amaya and Darren as holding all the little pieces of me between the two of them. I don't really know how to explain Darren. He's been unable to be explainable since the moment I wrote him on the page. Maybe that's why he feels like me because a lot of the time I feel unexplainable. He's sort of lost and he doesn't quite fit into the world he's woken up into. That's me too. I feel lost most of the time. I feel like I woke up and don't quite fit in, like everyone else has the instruction manual for life, they've got it all sorted out and I don't... And Darren's the same way. I didn't go through the pain he went through... but I get him. Also, on a lighter note, Darren doesn't drive and I think I'm gonna make it cannon that he never really figured it out haha

Darren's my lost boy and Amaya is my selfless girl. 

So, this book is for all the ones who feel like they don't quite fit. For all the ones who feel lost and aimless, who don't feel like they have a place. For all the ones who are carrying around painful pasts. And this is for all the selfless ones. The ones who run themselves into the ground for the people they love. The ones who don't take care of themselves, but take care of others first and foremost. I hope Darren teaches you that there are good people in the world and that there are people you can trust. I hope Darren shows you that your past doesn't have to define you. And I hope Amaya teaches you that you can love your people and be selfless, but still take care of yourself. It's Ok to want things for yourself and do things for yourself. You don't have to be stuck. You just have to be willing and strong enough to break the cycle and step out of the situation you feel trapped in, the situation that is holding you back. 

I'm so excited to put this book out into the world and I hope it touches the hearts of others the way it touched mine. 

You can find Golden Touch on Amazon Here or you can order signed copies through me Here. 

What's next? 

Well, I'm starting edits for book 2 this week. The second book is called Emerald Phantom and it will pick up a few weeks after where Golden Touch left off. There's no blurb or release date yet and I don't want to give away too much, but I promise Emerald Phantom will be worth the wait. 

Here's a aesthetic sneak peek of what Emerald Phantom is all about. And if you read to the end of Golden Touch... I think that's another pretty good sneak peek. The epilogue sort of teases book 2 and the title a little bit. 


Also, what's next for me? While also editing Emerald Phantom, the first five episodes of The Runaway will be launching next week on Kindle Vella! I don't have a link yet to send you to, but that's what will be happening next for me in an immediate sort of way haha Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be doing a mad scramble to edit the first five episodes all over again and be super nit-picky before Kindle Vella launches cus I am so nervous and excited about how this whole thing is going to go haha 

Thank you to everyone for your support and love toward Golden Touch! I hope you all enjoy reading as much as I have enjoyed writing it! 

Comments

  1. I'll definitely need to read this one! Congrats on the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, this sounds so good! I think I'll relate a lot to both Amaya and Darren, especially what you said about Darren coming from that feeling that everyone else has an instruction manual for life and knows what they're doing while I'm just kind of lost. Congratz on the release!! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I know I said this in the post, but that's why I relate to Darren so much haha We're both just stumbling around trying to figure this life thing out haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m