Skip to main content

A Few Quick Questions

Happy Friday! 

So, I've been thinking a lot about how I can utilize this blog more. I love this blog and I love writing on this blog, but at the end of the day, this space isn't for me, it's for you! So I thought what better way to get an idea for how I can make this space even better then to ask those who read my posts! 

First of all, I want to say thank you so much to everyone who has followed me through the years and to everyone who is new to following me on here. You're comments and your views and you clicking the follow button on here means so much to me and I'm so glad you've decided to be a part of my journey. I hope my posts and my writings have been encouraging to you and will continue to be uplifting to you. 

Years ago, back in 2014 I think it was, I started this blog not really having any idea what I was doing. I do that a lot - or I used to at least - I dive into something with no idea how to do what I'm doing. I guess I'm a learn as I go kind of girl. Or I used to be. I feel like I'm getting better at that. Anyways, I originally started this blog because since I can remember I've felt this pull to encourage people with my writing. I've always wanted to write posts or letters or whatever you want to call them full of encouragement and Jesus and the Bible to people. Starting this blog was my way of doing that. Those early posts were... well, they were disastrous and as the years went on the blog shifted into posts about writing and becoming an author and less about Jesus or the sort of Biblical encouragement I had started with. I turned toward encouraging writers in their writing, which is great and something I still hope to do more of. 

Then in August of last year something shifted inside me and I felt this pull to write more faith-based and encouraging posts. And that's exactly what I did. It was uncomfortable and scary for me (and still can be) cus I don't like to be super vulnerable on the internet to people I don't know. But I've come to realize how important our testimonies are and how God can use our circumstances and experiences to encourage and speak to others who may be going through something similar. It was also affirmed in December 2019 when I signed up for Hannah Brencher's Monday Club and then for Grace Anne's Tuesday Letters. I saw what they were doing with their newsletters, speaking into the lives of strangers and encouraging them with their words - encouraging me with words - and I wanted that. I knew that was something I needed to do too, I just didn't know when or how until August rolled around. These last few months have been absolutely incredible. I have loved getting to do the thing that I have wanted to do for so long. I really feel like this is something God had set in my heart for so long and I'm finally at a place where He gave me the green light to go through with it. 

I still dream of starting my own newsletter like the Monday Club or the Tuesday Letters and getting to send encouragement straight to the inboxes of others. I know that's something I want to do, I just don't know when. 

But I'm also an author and a writer of YA fantasy and fiction. I love what I write on here so much, but my first love has always been and I think may always be fantasy and fiction writing. I'm trying to find a way to merge the two on here and on my other platforms (it's harder than you might think to merge a love of writing faith-based encouragement and Young Adult fantasy and science fiction haha). I want to share more of that side of me on here more than just when I do in Monthly Wrap Ups. 

So, all that to say, I have a few questions for you guys. You can either answer them in the comments or you can fill out this quick survey (either way I would really appreciate your impute because this blog is for you more than it is for me!). 

Would you at some point in the future be interested in getting emails once a week from me with an encouraging word in them? 

Do you want to see more writing updates, WIP updates (like the few posts I did for the Archive Series), flash fiction, character profiles, pretty much anything writing related on here? 

Are there any topics you'd want me to cover on here encouragement/faith-based wise? 

Are there any other types of posts you'd like to see from me whether it be bookish or TV shows or writing related or anything else? 

Also, if you'd be interested I do have an author newsletter. I put one out on the first of every month and this month I'm actually starting to put out a second one in the middle of the month with flash fiction or writing updates and things like that. Author Newsletter Sign Up

Thank you so much for your help with this! I really appreciate any impute you can give me about what you'd like to see more from me on here! :) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m