Skip to main content

Looking Forward to 2021!

Happy Wednesday! 

We're so close to the end of this year, so you know what that means! More lists of all the things I'm excited about in the coming year!! All the books and movies and goals and things I'm excited to do in 2021. 

Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2021: 

Shadow by Kara Swanson 

Cover and blurb coming soon. Releases July 21, 2021

Yesterday and Long Ago by Jenni Sauer 

Cover and blurb coming soon. Not sure when it'll be released. 

Keeper of the Lost Cities Book 9 

Cover and blurb coming soon. Releases November 2021 

The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by Victoria Schwab 

A Life No One Will Remember. A Story You Will Never Forget.

France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.

Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.

But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.

Daughter of the Deep by Lina C. Armetago 


A wedding to end a war.

It's been four years since the blood feud between the Branwens and Mathonwys started. Four years of sunken ships and loved ones lost, four years of wounds both seen and unseen. Keira Branwen is no stranger to duty. As the first mate of a legendary pirate ship, blessed by the sea-god Lyr, and heir apparent to her clan, she would sail to the Otherworld and back to keep her family safe.

But when the Council threatens banishment for her people, Keira is faced with a choice; she must either marry her father's alleged killer, the sea-snake Ronan Mathowny, or curse her family to the deep.

But in the Seven Isles of the Deyrnas, secrets sleep just beneath the surface of the water. Her father's death is still shrouded in mystery, and Ronan--her childhood friend, the man she once loved -- is hell-bent on proving his innocence. As enemies become friends and friends become suspects, Keira must wade through the waters of doubt to expose the truth, save her family, and restore her father's legacy.

But Keira soon learns that there are ties thicker than blood, and there is more than one way to sacrifice a life.

Fighting Forward by Hannah Brencher 

Fighting Forward is the empowering anthem you need to take the next small step to a better life. 

At the darkest point of a life-altering depression, Hannah Brencher took a silver marker and labeled a composition book "Fight Song." In that little notebook, she poured hope-filled truths and affirmations, knowing that one day, she--and you--would need a reminder to stay in the fight. Drawn from those glow-in-the-dark words, Fighting Forward is your empowering invitation to show up, claim hope, and take back your life one small win at a time. 

Popular blogger, viral TED Talk speaker, and founder of The World Needs More Love Letters, Hannah shares personal stories of developing daily rhythms and sustainable faith in a culture of hustle. With a heap of hope for those who long to move from anxiety and fear into action steps, the power-ballad essays in this book will encourage you to savor the milestones you've already reached, root yourself in the next small step, welcome healthy routines into your day, and apply grace like sunscreen in the process of your own becoming. 

Fighting Forward champions the truth that each song starts with a single note. With trust and a little time, each note and every small step adds up to a victorious anthem of showing up to this life and staying in the fight to become who God made you to be.

Releases January 5, 2021

Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber 

Releases September 30, 2021 

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas


Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she's struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. Worse, she can't seem to move past the horrors of the war with Hybern and all she lost in it.

The one person who ignites her temper more than any other is Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior whose position in Rhysand and Feyre's Night Court keeps him constantly in Nesta's orbit. But her temper isn't the only thing Cassian ignites. The fire between them is undeniable, and only burns hotter as they are forced into close quarters with each other.

Meanwhile, the treacherous human queens who returned to the Continent during the last war have forged a dangerous new alliance, threatening the fragile peace that has settled over the realms. And the key to halting them might very well rely on Cassian and Nesta facing their haunting pasts.

Against the sweeping backdrop of a world seared by war and plagued with uncertainty, Nesta and Cassian battle monsters from within and without as they search for acceptance-and healing-in each other's arms.

Releases February 16, 2021

(Gotta add commentary to this one cus while I definitely can't wait to read a book about Nesta and Cassian... where is my Elain-Lucien-Azriel love triangle book?? You know what, just give me a whole standalone about Lucien and I'll be happy. Please!) 

TV shows/Movies I'm excited for: 

Chaos Walking 


This one intrigues me so much!! It looks so good, plus, who doesn't love a good post-apocalyptic story?? 

Raya and the Last Dragon 


I don't really know what to think of this one, but I'm hoping for the best. The animation looks amazing and so pretty. 

Venom: Let There Be Carnage 


Ahhh! I can't wait for more Venom!! 😍

Dune


I think this one will be good too. I haven't seen the original or anything, but my mom loved the original and is so excited about this remake and her excitement has rubbed off on me. 

WandaVision 

This looks like such a trip, I can't wait for this show! I really hope Wanda messes with reality and brings back her brother. Wouldn't that be amazing?? 

Falcon and the Winter Soldier 

Cautiously optimistic that this one will be good. The dynamic between these two will at least be fun to watch. 

LOKI!!! 


Ahhh!! *extreme fangirl freak out* Loki!! I really, really, really hope this one turns out. I want a good, amazing, Loki show so badly! I can't wait for this one to come out!! 

What If...?

This is going to be such a fun one to watch. I love the idea of alternative realities and messing with what we think we know about the MCU. Plus, the animation looks amazing! 😍

Discovery of Witches Season 2

*More freaking out* I can't wait for season 2!! Season 1 was sooo good. I really hope season 2 can live up to the amazingness of season 1! 

Macro Goals:  

  • Get my driver's license. This has been a goal of mine for the past two years or so haha But at last it will finally happen this year. My permit expires in May, sooo I kinda gotta get this one done before then. 
  • Publish at least one book. Tentatively thinking of publishing Golden Touch around July sometime... Not sure yet, though. Depends on how far I get into writing the rest of the series. :) 
  • Graduate with my Bachelor's. I want to finish out my degree strong in December 2021. 
  • Get out of my comfort zone. I know this is oddly specific, but I want to do at least 3 things in 2021 that I normally wouldn't do. I want to try new things, branch out and step out of my comfort zone. 
  • Spend at least an hour in-depth studying the Bible every week. God showed me and taught me a lot last year. I feel like I'm still processing, but I know for sure that one of my goals for 2021 is to focus more on the actual scriptures. To learn how to test everything against the Word and to become better at my Bible literacy. 

Micro Goals: 

  • Possibly write the rest of the Archive series. Since I'm already in the middle of the first draft of book 4, I'm thinking I can accomplish this. Two more books to go and then the series is done! 
  • Stay consistent on this blog. I've done well this far, I think I can keep going strong through 2021. I'm going to be praying and seeking God in what more He has for me in terms of what I write on here. 
  • Get to 1,500 followers on Instagram. I don't know if this is too lofty of a goal, but hey, let's aim high this year haha I did make it to 1,000 last year, so I like my chances.  
  • Get five new followers on this blog. This seems miniscule, but I'm taking my goals small and reachable with this blog. Nothing too crazy. 
  • Read at least 20 books (+ read more Indie/self-published books). I didn't reach my book reading goal last year and I didn't read as many indie/self-published books last year as I had wanted to. I plan to change that this year. I want to read at least 5 self-published books, preferably books of my Instagram friends. 
So, yeah, those are a few things I'm looking forward to in 2021. I'm not sure what this next year will hold, but I'm trying my hardest to be as optimistic as I can be and to trust that God has it all under control. He's gone before me and prepared me for whatever unfolds this year. 

What are you looking forward to in 2021? What are some of your goals for the new year? 

Comments

  1. Great goals! I'm really looking forward to Shadow, the next KOTLC book, and all of the Marvel stuff (especially WandaVision, because I love Wanda), too. Hope you have a good start to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes!! I can't wait for all of those! :D I hope you have a great start to the new year too! :b

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to a lot of those movies and shows too. (Although I just read the Chaos Walking book and it's actually sci-fi.) I hope to start querying this year, if I can get my nerve up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't know it was a book! I'll have to check it out. :b That would be amazing! I hope your querying goes well! :b

      Delete
  3. Ah, so many good movies and shows! I can't wait for: Chaos Walking, Dune, Raya and the Last Dragon, WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, LOKI!!!!!, and What if...?. I actually hadn't heard of that last one, but I'm super curious now.

    Good luck on your goals! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! So many shows and movies to look forward to! The What If...? trailer looks so good and so interesting and the animation looks so good in it! :b

      Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful 2021! :b

      Delete
  4. There so many good things coming out this year. Can't wait for Wandavision, Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and of course Chaos Walking looks amazing.
    Great goals, getting my license is one of my top ones too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! I can't wait for all of them!! :b
      Thanks! Yay! I hope it goes well, you've got this! :b

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m