Skip to main content

Friday in Review: MCU Tag

Hello all! So I was going to do another book review for this Friday buuut then I read Nicole's blog post and saw she "stole" a friend's tag from her blog and I was like I'm going to do that too. So I totally stole her stolen tag and am going to do it on here cuz it looked so fun!

Rules of the tag:

Feel free to include the above graphic somewhere in your post (but it’s definitely not necessary). 

Take the questions and answer them on your blog (or social media or wherever!). 

Tag up to 5 other Marvel fans! 


Without further ado, here is the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag in honor of Endgame created by Christine Smith. 😃

How Were You Introduced Into the MCU Fandom? 

Well, so, my answer to how I got into the MCU fandom starts with the comics. Actually, it starts with a TV show. I don't know if anyone else has ever heard of this one but I loved X-Men: Evolution. It was an early 2000's show and to this day is still one of my favorite iterations of the X-Men. I grew up loving the X-Men. I'm pretty sure they were the very first group in the MCU (comics) that I fell in love with. They were the ones that made me love this fandom from the very beginning. I also grew up playing with Marvel action figures with my brothers and with a mom who was well-versed in the characters and their powers, so when they started coming out with movies based around these characters? I couldn't wait to watch them. So, yeah, the X-Men were the ones who introduced me to the Marvel Universe and therefore brought me into the MCU fandom years later.

What's Your Favorite Marvel Film? 

Uph this one is hard!! The first one that comes to mind though is Thor: The Dark World. That one is at the top of my list of favorites in the MCU. However, if we're talking pre-MCU, I thoroughly enjoyed the Ghost Rider movie with Nicolas Cage. One of my all time favorite Marvel movies since the moment I saw it. (Dark, dangerous anti-hero anyone??)

Top favorite marvel character? 

Psh, as if I can choose just one! Thor's definitely way up there, right next to his bro Loki. Black Widow's up there too... Gamora, Ant-Man (he's hilarous!), Spider-Man (not Tom Holland but like the Toby Mcguire Spider-Man), Bucky, Captain America, Ghost Rider (of course) and literally every single one of the X-Men with Rogue at the very top. Sorry, X-Men holds a very special place in my heart and if ever asked the question of who my all time favorite marvel character is, I will always one hundred percent say Rogue.

If you were transported into the MCU and had to trade places with one of the superheroes, who would you choose?

Ummm... I wouldn't be able to survive being any of them. But I think I could handle being the Wasp. Shrinking and growing super tall and flying around sounds pretty cool. I guess that probably appeals to me because it would fulfill my childhood love of fairies haha 

What are some of your favorite quotes from the films? 

Look, I promise I'm a legit Marvel fan but my memory isn't so great sooo give me a second to Google some quotes. Although I will steal one or two from Nicole's post because they for real are some of my favorites haha 

"Baskin Robbins always finds out."

"Oh, this is much better. Costume's a bit much . . . so tight. But the confidence! I can feel the righteousness surging! Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth? Honor? Patriotism? God bless America!"

"I can do this all day."

"I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?"

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another, we have the Hulk." 

"I am Iron Man." 

"I know this neighborhood," he says. "I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner."

"You've lied to me, I'm impressed!" 

"If it were easy, anyone would do it." 

There are many more but... these are all I got for now haha 

Which crew would you want to be part of the most: Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Revengers?

Hahaha! The Revengers are hilarious! The Guardians are a little too wacky for me so probably the Avengers. They get stuff done! And who wouldn't want to work side by side with someone like Iron Man or Captain America?? 

Favorite and least favorite ship?

I'm not a big shipper in the MCU. X-Men is a different story but I seriously need to stop bringing them up in all my answers here because they aren't even in the MCU yet! I have to say though, there was a little while there were I seriously shipped Bruce and Natasha... It was sad they didn't work out though. :( I shipped Jane and Thor and they didn't work out either... more sadness. Vision and Wanda too I shipped. Another not working out. And I sort of in the back of my mind shipped just a tiny bit Loki and Valkyrie haha 

Favorite and least favorite villain? 

Loki, duh! All time fave MCU villain! 

Least favorite, would probably be Ego from Guardians 2. He was seriously so annoying and that movie was a train wreck. 

Unpopular MCU opinions? 

I think my most unpopular opinion about the MCU right now is that I'm not a fan of Tom Holland's Spider-Man. I did not really like Homecoming... like at all. Spider-Man is a character that I love and respect deeply and I loved pretty much every other version of him... I just can't get behind Tom Holland's for some reason. However, Infinity War and Endgame did redeem him a bit for me. I am actually a little excited for Far From Home. Maybe it's because the first version I saw was Toby Mcguire and his Spider-Man movies were some of the first I ever saw so I have a deep love for those movies. They introduced me to all things awesome like Harry and Venom and Green Goblin and some of my all time favorite Marvel villains. 

I did not like the second Guardians movie at all! It was so stupid and gross and they went way over the top on the comedy to a gag-worthy degree. 

Thor: The Dark World is one of my all time favorites as I said above. I'd peg that as an unpopular opinion. 

Oh! And let's not forget I can't stand Captain Marvel. After seeing her in Endgame I was so happy I didn't spend my money on seeing her movie. She just felt so condescending and self-absorbed in every single scene she was in. But that's just me *shrugs* 

What's your favorite Stan Lee Cameo? 

Ok, so technically this isn't part of the MCU but I really loved his cameo in Into the Spider-Verse. It came out after his death, and I don't know, the scene was just really touching and how he told Miles the suit always fit eventually was really cool. 

Five people I tag: 


Umm, so I'm still getting to know people in the blogsphere so I don't want to tag someone that isn't a Marvel fan... So if you are a Marvel fan and happen upon this post and have a blog then I am tagging you and you should totally do it because this was pretty fun! :) 


Have a great weekend everyone! :) 

Comments

  1. The Loki quotes you included are amazing. I’m pretty sure I quote him at least once a week. XD And Thor: The Dark World definitely deserves more appreciation.

    THANK YOU, someone else who doesn’t like Guardians 2! I agree - some of the stuff in there was NASTY. -_-

    Great post, Melody! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, he's very quotable XD And I know! It was very vulgar and a lot of the "jokes" and stuff did not need to be in there!

      Delete
  2. How fun!! You're one of the most unique fans I've "met" so far!! ^^

    Yeah, my family and I only saw PART of the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and then we shut off the TV. It was bad.

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha why thank you ;) Yep, I think I saw it in theaters. A few parts were funny and there were some moments that I enjoyed of the movie but a lot of it was just not that great.

      Delete
  3. I love Thor the Dark World! So many peoples hate on it. XD I got into Marvel from Xmen too! Wolverine and the X-men to be precise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I watched Wolverine and the X-Men too, I was so sad when it didn't continue!

      Melody

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Best Resources for Writers

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! So recently I've been doing a lot of craft-learning and have discovered some pretty awesome resources that have been so helpful to me. I'm also contemplating trying my hand at a How To guide for writers. I've already written a How to Write a Serial book and it just needs to be touched up. I think I might make it one of my freebies for my newsletter. So then not only do you get a short story but also a how to guide cuz I realized a lot of the newsletters I sign up for come with how to guides or writerly resources. But anyways, here are some of my favorite books/podcasts/blogs that have been so, so helpful to me over the past few months: Craft Books: Go Teen Writers: Edit Your Novel by Stephanie Morril and Jill Williamson: This one has a little bit of everything in it and is perfect for beginners. If you've just started plotting your novel, are in the middle of writing it or have begun the editing process this is a must have!