Ta-Da! Check out my beautiful new blog look! It took me a few hours the other day but I finally got it the way I want it. (There may be a few extra changes here and there but nothing drastic). Maybe it's because of the new year or because I'm turning 21 or just because I felt like it, but I wanted to change things up. I wanted my blog to look a bit more "professional" or "grown-up" for lack of a better term. I want my blog to grow and change with me as the years go by.
Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow a romance/lovey post was in order.
|because no Valentine's post is complete with a Delena scene|
If a book doesn't have at least a tiny romance subplot, I will not read it. If there is no mention of romance or the hint of romance in the blurb of a book I most likely will not pick it up or buy it or even give it a chance. Yeah, I know... I'm really picky, but I know what I like and I made the decision a long time ago not to force myself to read a book. Life is too short to read books you don't enjoy and as a writer I feel its important to read books you enjoy and get inspiration from.
So, since I love romance so much here are my top five fave romance books (or romances in books):
- A Court of Misty and Fury (the ACoTR series is my guilty pleasure OK?!)
- Twilight (cuz this series was what made me fall in love with vampires and romance in the first place).
- The Lux Series (the slow burn romance in this series is the best!)
- Alienated (I just really love alien/human romances)
- Everneath Series (This I read a looong time ago in my young teen years but it is still one of my favorite romance trilogies. The love triangle was so unique and fresh and I mean, it was a Persephone and Hades retelling so of course it was going to be good).
(Yes, I'm aware these are all fantasy series. I haven't read a contemporary romance in a looong time). But just so you know that I have read some and do enjoy them (or did) here are the few contemporary romance books I've read over the years (all of them by the same author cuz I'm even pickier about my contemporary books):
- Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
- Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
- The Chapel Wars by (you guessed it) Lindsey Leavitt