Skip to main content

September Monthly Wrap-Up

Hey everyone! So I know its six days into October and my September wrap up is so late! This month is going to be a slow one for blog posts I think... There's just so much going on and I am feeling so busy and overwhelmed with a lot of stuff. But I am also looking forward to the weather finally cooling down and for lots of Fall days outside.

September Writing: September wasn't as productive as August, but I still did get a lot of writing things done. I worked on Blood Brothers for a lot of the month and near the end of September I even found a writer friend on Twitter to look over Sterling Silver and give me feedback! So I plan to fix up Sterling Silver a bit more and then fix Blood Brothers because I'm sure there will be a few changes that transfer to that book. I might even have her check out Blood Brothers if she's willing. Project Hellion also became on the top of my to do list near the end of September. I had it sent out to an editor and I'm hoping to have it back by the end of October and have it published on November 27! So keep a look out for that! The whole month I was also trying to figure out a certain idea that I've had for a while. It started out as a sort of Frankenstein retelling or continuation and when that didn't pan out I decided to change it to a Jekyll and Hyde thing... That didn't work out either, and now it has turned out to become it's own thing, a more original idea not explicitly based off a different monster story. (Though after watching Venom last night... its just a little bit inspired by a certain antihero and symbiote).

September Reading: For September I didn't get as much reading done, but Vengeful finally came out!! I was up and at Barnes and Nobles at 10:30 that Tuesday morning and got the special edition that was signed!! I was (and still am) so psyched about that! I finished it the same week and man, it was so good! Honestly, Marcella (the new bad guy) wasn't my favorite. She was a little too much of a feminist for me, but overall she was a pretty good villain and it was so, so good to see Victor and Mitch and Sydney and Dom and Eli again! The Eli backstory? Uph it killed me! I had so many conflicting emotions by the end of the book and I desperately need a third one now! That's pretty much the only book I read that month, and that is Ok with me. Now I just have to wait till the end of October for The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

September Life Stuff/Random: So the reason October is going to be kind of slow in the blog post department is because my math class started. I knew it was going to be hard but I really didn't think it was going to be this hard. My anxiety is higher than its been all Summer and I'm just counting down the days till December 15, when my classes end. It's going to be a rough semester, but I'm determined to still enjoy the Fall, to still enjoy my writing and still just find time to chill. I also started a new small group at my church and I'm loving it. I'm so glad that I found it and it's been so good! This is sort of in October but I have to say, Trench, the new Twenty One Pilots album came out this week and guys!! It is so good!! Plus... Venom?? If you haven't seen it yet, you absolutely must. It was just amazing and no one can tell me otherwise. Tom Hardy is just the best and the characters he played, Eddie and Venom? They're just the best too. So definitely go see that movie. I am really, really hoping for a sequel!

So yeah, that was my September in a nutshell. I am both eager to enjoy October and ready for it to be over because once November comes around it means there's only one more month left before classes end. I hope your September went well and that your October is full of lots of comfy sweaters, caramel apples and yummy coffee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise like a Pantser ft. Big Hero 6 Gifs

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've had a great week so far and that you have a great Easter weekend ahead! We plan on going to my grandparent's on Friday to celebrate Easter with family and spending the night there so that'll be a fun time. :) Alright, so I contemplated doing an Easter-y post on here but I wasn't even sure what that would look like... So instead, I thought I'd do something fun and happy in honor of the celebration of Easter on Sunday. Without further ado, here is your Big Hero 6 gif filled revising process from a real life pantser: The end of your first draft is in sight! You type like crazy, stay up past your normal bedtime until it is finished. When you type The End, the satisfaction that you actually did this thing sets in. Guys, it is the sweetest feeling ever. Knowing you worked so hard to complete this draft and came out on the other side. Unscathed? Perhaps not. But triumphant? Definitely! That first draft is a total disast

How to Write a Negative Character Arc

Anyone else love reading a train wreck? I find negative character arcs refreshing and fun to read and watch because not a lot of people do them. Like I'm a sucker for a redemption arc. I love characters that start out horrible and bad and "irredeemable" and then slowly redeem themselves and become the good guy. But from time to time I just love watching a good character go bad. Call me evil but I hope I'm not the only one who enjoys this. I've actually wanted to write this post for a while after rewatching Merlin last year and then over the past month me and a friend were rewatching Star Wars and I've always enjoyed the prequels because of Anakin's downward spiral. Also the last season of The 100, you watch as Octavia completes her journey to becoming one of the meanest, worst antagonists in the show. And that's saying something. The other day I really thought about what other characters who have negative arcs there are but I honestly couldn't th

Friday in Review: May Monthly Wrap-Up

Happy Wednesday once more everyone! I hope you've all had a great May. May has been full of lots of life stuff and writerly stuff and reading. I am so excited to share it with you all (along with an awesome new thing I'm doing for next month on here)! May Writing: May was full of lots of writing... Like lots. I finished draft four of The Lost Ones, came up with the name The Lost Ones and finished editing draft five. Now comes the hard work of plugging in all those changes and edits into my Word doc. Oh the joys of writing... ;) But for real, I am so excited that I finished the read through for TLO and I am even more excited to finish this draft so I can get it ready for betas. This month I also planned out the series... I've never planned out a series ever. I'm a pantser so what do I do? I make life hard for myself by winging not only my novels but entire series too. That whole not planning thing? It didn't work for me and since I'm wanting to take myself m